Saturday 11 February 2012

..and the award goes to.....

..me! In all the excitement of my results yesterday, I didn't find time to mention on my blog the fact that I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award. This is a "pay it forward" award scheme, where bloggers nominate up to five other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, to increase readership and share their blogs. I was very touched and honoured to receive a nomination from Single Married Mum.

My nominations for bloggers to receive the Liebster award are as follows:

Mme Lindor - for her honest blogging, not pretending everything is always sweetness and light, but sharing the challenging times as well. Also, for her immense capacity to care about injustice and unfairness towards other people.

Sophrunning - her descriptions of helping her young AS daughter are an incredibly moving insight into the love between mother and daughter and the sheer frustrations faced by her lovely Grace on a daily basis, frustrations shared by her mum as she challenges the educational system.

A bit of a cheat now, as I am going to nominate the same blogger twice, for two very different blogs.

Geves. This first blog by Geves is a searingly honest and haunting account of how she dealt with the worst thing a parent could face; the death of her beautiful daughter. Geves's strength - and weakness - are brought before her reader in an unforgettable way.

The second blog from Geves is here. In this blog, Geves recounts working as a volunteer in a men's prison, helping them use creative writing to express themselves. I love the insights Geves gives to her own reactions to the men and the dignity and respect she affords these men, some of whom may have never felt respected in their lives.

My final award goes to staranise - as a fellow grammatical pedant and avid reader, I feel she is a kindred spirit!

Thank you to Single Married Mum for nominating me - her blog is here -a real insight into being a forces' wife and mother.

Bloggers of the world unite and pay it forward!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me. I shall pass it forward tomorrow, when I have time to write.

    Your compliment was received very gratefully, and with much pleasure.

    ReplyDelete